Carrot Bliss Balls
If you are a fan of Carrot Cake – this you will love!!
Total time10 mins
8 Dates 1/3 cup Almonds ½ Carrot (grated) 1/3 Shredded Coconut 1 ½ Tbsp Coconut Oil 1 Tsp Cinnamon ½ Tsp Nutmeg Lemon juice (optional)
Thermomix: 1. Add dates & almonds to bowl, TM Spd 5 for 4 sec (or until desired texture created – I like mine a little chunky to add texture).
2. Add remaining ingredients & mix TM Spd 5 for 15sec.
3. The lemon juice helps to keep the colour fresh in the carrot if you are planning on storing it for a few days or putting out in room temperature for a few hours (say at a party or dinner etc), thus it is optional for you to add or not.
4. Roll into balls & place in airtight container in fridge.
Kitchen Processor: 1. Add dates & almonds into processor. Blend on high for approx. 30sec or until texture is desired. I found it better mixing for 15sec then scraping down sides & repeating this for approx. 3 rounds, gave a more even texture throughout.
2. Add remaining ingredients & mix on high for approx. 40sec or until all ingredients combined to desired standard. Again I found much easier scrapping sides down every 15-20sec to ensure more consistency with texture.
3. Roll into balls & place in airtight container in fridge.
TIP: **Nut free version – mill pumpkin/sunflower seeds to replace the almonds**Hide the carrots from the kids by rolling balls in coconut or chopped peanuts etc (get creative) **Almonds can also be replaced with walnuts if you prefer more traditional cheesecake taste